Animation Competition – Panicked
SplineBomb is pleased to announce it’s very own Animation Competition:
Express An Emotion: ‘Panicked’
I was chatting to Ken Fountain (also a SplineBomb follower) about this idea the other day. He was really excited about it and decided to co-sponsor the competition. Ken Fountain is one of the feature film industry’s more well known animators and animation instructors. Recently with DreamWorks, Ken worked on such films including Kung Fu Panda 2, Megamind and Shrek Forever After.
The competition is open to anyone, whether you’re a student or working in the industry. What we’ll be looking for is great Acting Choices and strong Body Mechanics…. Looking forward to the submissions, enjoy!
Here are the contest guidelines:
Animate a character in a specific emotional state. They could be building to this state or coming down from it, but the main “point” of the shot should be to express the one emotion.
- The emotion of choice for this first contest is ‘Panicked’.
- Your shot should be no longer than 6 seconds (144 frames).
- Your shot should contain only one character of your choice.
- Shot dimensions to be 640×480 pixels.
- Deadline: 31st July
- Submit a QuickTime movie file no larger than 4M to SplineBomb@gmail.com with the subject ‘Panicked Comp‘
- Name your file as follows: ‘Name_Surname_PanickedComp.mov’
- No music should be added to the shots
- Any medium is excepted
- Fancy lighting and rendering not required. Just great animation “
- Winner will get a video critique by Ken Fountain and 3 of his video tutorials.
- 2nd & 3rd will receive one of Ken Fountains video tutorials.
(Based on the feedback we will determine how often to run the event)